View Single Post
      08-01-2014, 03:57 PM   #126
Killemall
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ze_german View Post
The in my opinion nice letter informed me of an (to me) unknown issue with the engine in my particular vehicle and that my manufacturer is coming up with a solution and I will get a FREE fix once it is my turn to come in.

It says drive the car UNLESS there is an issue with it. If there is an issue now, bring it in so they will fix it now. If there is no issue wait your turn and we will call you to bring your car in. We are talking about tens of thousands of cars that need fixing.

If the engine fails because of this issue, BMWNA will need to fix it or replace it, which has happened to people, also in this forum.

And be happy we get this fix, from what I heard people in the UK for example do not get this free fix at all and there is no recall there.

So have some tea and relax.
Thanks for sharing your opinion. I respect it but if your way of relaxing is drinking tea, well mine is driving hard the "ultimate machine" with a grin on my face and no thoughts of Vanos failures on the back of my mind. And therefore my relax is affected by BMW delays.
Appreciate 0