View Single Post
      08-10-2014, 03:06 PM   #43
NemesisX
Captain
Rep
Drives: '19 Infiniti Q60S

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRotor View Post
Good rule of thumb: never buy from a dealer that won't let you test drive a car because of how you appear, but always negotiate with and buy from the poor trainee that gets stuck telling you about the car.

How I learned this...
Years ago, a buddy of mine took me when he went to buy his mom an aston Martin vantage. He kept an old beater jetta in the driveway for exactly this purpose (and for the first three dates with anyone he thought he might be serious about). In the garage, he had two 911 turbos, three ducatis, a ferrarri Modena (sorry I don't know ferrarris well enough to tell you the exact model) and several other fun things on wheels.

We drove to the dealer in the jetta wearing standard car washing attire with a suitcase of cash in the back that quite literally was worth much more than I was at the time. Based on our appearances, they stuck a newbie sales guy with with the "up". My friend the proceeded to destroy the poor guy in negotiation, but ultimately let him walk out with the bragging rights of making the sale to the guys who drove there in a "vintage" jetta--much to the sheer terror of all the pretentious "senior" sales people.

You know, when people say they pay "cash" for a car they don't mean that literally

Why the hell doesn't he write a check like normal people? Who lugs around a suitcase full of cash in excess of $100k
Appreciate 0