Rep
Drives: 320d M135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstmng
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirenz2006 View Post
We're working on all this light technology yet we still won't put led turn signals in certain models until the LCI, then we strip them out again or the next generation
Agree, especially on a 80K M4. But notice even the facelifted X3 and so new X4 don't have LED turn signals and brake lights.
There should be something left for LCI
Yes there should be something left for the LCI, perhaps something original instead of relying on an old tradition!

How about sat nav, xenons, heated seats, anything... Anything that might update it over the previous generation model. They managed standard xenons and sat nav on the LCI 5 series which is to be congratulated.

It's about time that BMW embraced the reality that just because a car is bigger doesn't mean it has to have a bigger spec and is better. I'd like to see slightly higher prices on higher end trims and better tech... By all means retain an ES model for people who don't want to spend much, but why does size have to correlate with spec?

To add support to this I've seen several M235i reviews which proclaim it to be the best driving BMW to date. Why does small have to equal not top spec, e.g. No LED headlights on the best drivers car.

Ps if they want an idea of something cool on LCI how about offer LCDheadlight lenses, that are smoked blacked when the lights are off and go clear when the lights are on.
Appreciate 0