fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-sauerkraut View Post
Clueless?

Yeah sure BMW just went backwards and choose the N54 for their 1M for nothing.

BMW likely did that to use the maximum inventory they had laying around for the N54. Pretty common, hence why when an auto manufacturer introduces a new engine, instead of replacing all of them during a new model year, it's done gradually throughout the entire automotive line up where applicable. Cars like the 1M and the 335is were perfect candidates as they were only built for a short amount of time and in limited quantities, enough to use up whatever remaining inventory they had I'm sure. Unless you're truly so clueless that you think that BMW would replace an engine line with an inferior one and stick with that one at present.

I thought that was a common sense, business 101 thing but I guess that was lost on you. The N55 already makes 320 HP (same as the N54 in the 1M and 335is) in the M235i. And those who get the M Performance Power Kit installed on their F30's (or any other car with the N55 aside from the M235i) get 320 HP to 335 HP depending on when the car was actually built.

So yup, 100% clueless.

I'll have to see if I can be as butt hurt and bitter as you when BMW replaces the N55 soon with the B58.
Appreciate 0