07-23-2014, 05:04 PM   #50
Ezio
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 Alfa Romeo, 2023 m240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
I loved the sound too, don't get me wrong. I also happen to like the way they look. But you take the sound away and what are you left with? I mean you could take it to the track, but that's not exactly ideal is it. So it's not really great for the track, and as a daily, it doesn't make much sense either. Don't get me wrong, I love the concept of the thing (still one of my favorite cars), but in practical terms, it just doesn't work.

Agreed. M6 is such a beautiful car inside and out, just unfortunately too heavy for me. I completely understand about special engines, don't get me wrong. It's just the formula didn't work at all for the M5 IMHO. And I don't really mind SMG, if you learn how to drive it properly it's not that bad. I actually happen to like the kick in the back that the DCT can't really do. It's just horribly unreliable.

As I explained in the post to Ezio, on paper it's a mouth watering proposition. But in reality (apart from the sound of course), the car just didn't make much sense to me. Add to the fact that it's nowhere as reliable as the E9x M3 (especially if you have SMG) and it gets low teens in fuel consumption, and you can see why they can be had for $25k.
the car would only make sense to me if i had a lot of money and was just buying the car for the hell of it. then i would get a e60 M5.
Appreciate 0