View Single Post
      10-05-2013, 06:46 PM   #11
cisc0tek
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

I started doing IF about 6 months ago. Understanding that everyone is different ...her is my own personal experiences.

1. Its not something you can 'try out for a few weeks'. I felt like dick hole for the first few weeks. You've spent a lifetime being told breakfast is the most important meal of the day..bs. It will take more than a few weeks to re-train your body to not expect food at a certain time of day. For me it took 4 weeks before I was able to function before noon.

2. Get your diet in check. I've had great results with Paleo....after all a billion crossfitters cant be wrong.

3. Get used to eating BIG meals. We've all been told to eat every 2-3 hours. Im sure whomever preaches this stands to benefit in some way from fat people (medical industry , personal trainers, etc). Only prob with eating every 2-3 hours is your body releases cortisol. This will cause you to gain fat. Go back to eating 2-3 big meals a day ....1000+ calories each if needed.

4. I NEVER broke into single digit bf until I started IR.

5. My strength did INCREASE after that initial 4-5 weeks yet my weight actually dropped. I am 5'10 and weighed in yesterday at 168lbs. My clothes are tighter than ever.

6. Calorie deficit + IF = instadeath ....dont even try it. You must get those calories in your window.

7. After week 5 you wont ever miss breakfast again....but those 5 weeks were torture. IMO worth the investment.
Appreciate 0