View Single Post
      07-28-2014, 03:39 PM   #48
-Wingman-
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Year's_End View Post
I wouldn't suggest that you ask me a question like that... I'm one of those kooks that happens to love the LF-A.

I get your point, and I think it's probably true for the majority of buyers out there, especially for those that aren't necessarily performance purists. I don't think that Chevy intends on selling the Z06 in volume, so they don't need to appeal to a large crowd. It will be perfect for the brand: dish up some headline numbers and serve as a halo car for the brand and for the Corvette nameplate. The C7 chassis has proven to be hugely capable, and not just via on-paper stats. I have a strong feeling that we'll get a pleasant surprise once reviews start cropping up.

There's no need to get personal, I just think that our perception of value and the intended role of the C7 Z06 are at odds. The C6 Z06 doesn't have a real equivalent on offer today, and the C7 Z06 doesn't look like it's exactly going to change that. From what we can see, the C7 Z06 is going to make the ZR1 nameplate obsolete (literally, as Chevy reports that there isn't an upcoming ZR1 in the pipeline), so if the car receives pricing that follows suit I think that is sensible.
I wasn't getting personal. You just seemed to be inferring things about my comments that were not intended.

And I never intended to make it seem like the new z06 will be overpriced, either. Yes, even at 100k-125k, the new z06 seems reasonably priced.
Appreciate 0