10-14-2014, 06:54 PM   #4
SSW
I Can't Drive 55
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i (E90)

Garage List
Giants Win Game 3!

This series is really close. Comes down to fundamentals.

The team that has made the most mistakes in each game so far has lost. It happened in Game 1, Game 2 and now Game 3.

After giving up 4 runs to the Giants in the 1st, Lackey found his control and shut out the Giants thru the 6th and the bullpen continued w/3 more shut out innings thru the 9th. In the meantime, the Cards nibbled away at the 4-0 lead until they tied game w/yet another solo homer which knocked Hudson out of the game.

Bochy probably left Hudson in too long, which was a mistake. Hudson had pretty good stuff but not quite as good as he had against the Nats but he was at least able to hold the Cards to a 4-4 tie. The bullpen failed us in Game 2 by giving up 3 solo homers after Peavy was relieved, but in Game 3 the Giants bullpen was able to hold off the Cards for 3 2/3 more shutout innings.

So, no more mistakes from either team until the bottom of the 10th. Then Choate gives up a walk and a hit and then throws the ball away on Blanco's bunt (like Bumgarner did against the Nats). Giant's win 5-4. Game over.

The Giants have been the team to make the fewest mistakes so far and they'll win the series if they continue to do so.

GO GIANTS!!!!

Last edited by SSW; 10-16-2014 at 12:29 PM..
Appreciate 0