View Single Post
      04-23-2014, 04:39 PM   #111
daixloxbmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Corvette Grand Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
This really isn't the information you lead us to believe. You're now telling me that you saved $10k in 4 years worth of work which comes out to about $208 a month. That we can all believe as I'm sure we've all worked part time jobs for more than 7 hours a week while in high school (depending on what your minimum wage is). No one is making personal attacks on you, chill out, I just get an allergic reaction when I smell bullshit. Just sounded like you were claiming that you bought a $32k car at the age of 18 with no financial help from anyone while working minimum wage. Red flag bullshit right there for me. The fact is, you had to finance the remaining $22k for 6 years which really isn't called "buying your first $32k BMW at the age of 18." I would also add that your decision was not very "Asian" of you.

No one really cares how long you've been on this forum or think you're trolling. You lead me to think that you "worked hard" and "anything is possible" while what you saved up was only $10k. You just left out too many important details for your little story Mr. White Knight. And buddy, not to kick you in the balls but working and saving up $10k at the age of 18 really ain't that hard when you live at home and don't have expenses. A wiser individual may just buy a beater and have enough to get from A to B but you chose the path of 6 years finance just so you could get a BMW.
1. I never intended to mislead anyone, sorry if you misunderstood my original statement. I did, in fact, buy a 323i by myself at age 18 with no financial aid from others, a fact I am very proud of. I never said I bought it "outright" (that was an incorrect assumption that you made) nor did I ever say that I made "well above minimum wage" (that was an incorrect assumption that Axiom made). When people say they "bought" their house, they usually reference the date they closed, not 30 years later when it is fully paid off, nor do people assume the house was bought outright so I don't know why buying a car (being the second most expensive purchase a person would typically make in a lifetime) would be any different.

2. Lolz, yeah buying a BMW as a first car was definitely not the wisest financial decision I have made but I love these cars and currently on my 4th consecutive BMW. Haven't owned anything else yet but that will change when I pick up a 2015 Corvette Stingray, which is even less "Asian" of me.

3. My point about my tenure here on this forum was simply to illustrate that I am not a troll who joined recently just to spread some BS. I have been on this forum for a very long time, albeit not as active as some of you, but I'd like to think that I am a respectable member, at least used to be when I was more active.

4. I did not intend to hide any important details but I also didn't expect so much backlash from a simple comment about it being very possible to buy a $32k BMW at age 18 either. Next time I make a comment like that, I'll be sure to post my bank statements, my FICO scores and Social Security Number as supporting evidence.

5. I know it wasn't difficult to do because I did exactly that with relative ease. I fully acknowledged in my last post that it was very easy to do in my situation, which was even more confusing to me as to why others were calling BS on something I thought wasn't very difficult to do.

6. Finally, yes again I agree that it wasn't very wise to finance a BMW at such a young age but what can I say, I really do love BMWs. For what its worth, I had paid off in just 2 years. Anxiously waiting for someone to call BS on that last statement.
Appreciate 0