Thread: Prom
View Single Post
      04-24-2014, 02:48 PM   #116
daixloxbmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Corvette Grand Sport

John 070 and MiddleAgedAl, both of you make excellent points and I agree that many young people, whether intentional or not, may believe they have paid for something themselves just by receiving money that was intended for some other purpose.

However, I can assure you that I was not one of these people. Since I started working at age 14, I have never received money/allowance for any purpose. Sure, I lived at home and food/shelter was provided but I did not receive any form of money for anything else. If I wanted to have a meal outside of home and hang out with my friends, that was paid for with my own money that I earned myself. I don't know how many times or how many other ways I can say this but my car and all its associated bills were paid for by myself without any financial aid.

Seems like everyone is just trying to poke holes in my story and find some magical "Easy Button" for what I was able to accomplish but I assure you, you won't find one. Like I said from the beginning, just work hard and save up. The only "assistance" that I received was from my parents since they provided food/shelter. Beyond that, I paid for everything else myself. Yes, that includes college tuition, books, etc (anyone want to call BS on that too?)

I think it is easier and more believable to just assume that my parents are rich and must have helped pay for my car but that couldn't be further from the truth. Both my parents were working class (mother is a factory seamstress and father is a waiter) and really could not afford to give me expendable cash so that forced me to learn to be self-sufficient. So while buying a BMW at such a young age is probably the dumbest thing you can do financially, I am still quite proud to have done so by myself. At this point, I have realized that there isn't anything else I can say to change your minds since you are convinced that there must be some sort of hidden shortcut that I used.
Appreciate 0