View Single Post
      06-17-2014, 11:54 AM   #18
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

More on the BMW M235i Cup
"I am looking forward to being a part of the journalist's vehicle in the 24-hour race there," grins Alexander Mies, who knows most of his colleagues were from the 24-hour qualifying race in April. "We're a good team. It is a bit strange that I, as a BMW Junior with the car and the track had the most experience. But that only motivates me even more." The car shared by both motorsport journalists Marcus Schurig and Jethro Bovingdon and the former MotoGP rider Alex Hofmann and BMW Motorsport Junior Alexander Mies.

Normally, the BMW Junior starts in the VLN with an Opel Astra OPC Cup of Bonk motorsport. At the 24-hour race Mies may sniff the air of a work team one more time. "Particularly impressive, I think, the professional approach of BMW Motorsport," said Mies. "The organization in a work team moves in comparison to all the other things I already knew, once again on a higher level."

The second BMW M235i Racing adrenaline motorsports share Christopher Rink, Guido Wirtz, Oleg Kvitka and Thorsten Wolter, currently fifth-placed in the overall standings. "I think we are able, To fight with two cars to the front places," said Daniel Zils are optimistic. "We are currently in the overall standings of the BMW M235i Racing Cup in leadership and want to defend this course. Return we will give everything."

In addition rent2Drive Racing team principal David Ackerman grab Jörg Wiskirchen, Carsten Welschar and David Griessner the steering wheel. "It's obviously a dream at the 24 Hours at the Nürburgring to go to the start," said Griessner pleased and is optimistic: "I will, as at the last VLN races, again with a BMW M235i racing for the team be and give everything rent2Drive racing there. "

Modified Scoring
In awarding points to the BMW M235i Racing Cup is, in contrast to the VLN races, an innovation. After 6, 12 and 18 hours, there is the 24-hour race in each case an intermediate result with scoring. After six and twelve hours, the participants even each get half the usual points, after 18 hours the full standings. These counters will be awarded to the team and to each of the team's riders. However, only when the vehicle is driven after the respective time information across the finish line. After 24 hours, there is the standard scoring.

Despite the interim results, however, is only the result after 24 hours, the official results of the event represents the four points awards are added together and put the total score of the event dar. Maximally thus 78 points are collected, provided a team to each intermediate result at the top is and also the race at the end wins. A good reason why the 24-hour race for the BMW M235i Racing Cup is one of the most important races of the year.

Hard work for the tires
Tire manufacturer Dunlop, which equips the BMW M235i Racing Cup exclusively with tires was also confronted with a major challenge before the 24-hour race. "In the racing tires for the BMW M235i Racing it came alongside an optimum level of grip and excellent handling characteristics on a wide range of applications and good nature in the border area," explains Alexander Kühn, head Dunlop Motorsport. "Even Motorsport beginners to easily cope with the total package of tires and vehicle, and have confidence in the BMW M235i Racing, especially in the Green Hell with constantly changing weather conditions."

So not only the slicks are optimally matched to the Eifel circuit but also the rain tires offer the same high-performance Dunlop with high grip and good stability even on a drying track. Especially on the Nürburgring-Nordschleife a challenge, as the Green Hell is unique: 33 left-handers, 40 right turns, a wide variety of radii and gradients to 20.8 kilometers.

The Green Hell is the hardest, most challenging and longest race track in the world - not least by the many, different asphalt pavements. At the 24-hour race at the Nürburgring, the demands on the tires with other circuit races are similar: Here you must do hard work. When searching for the optimal setup and the question as to which tire should be selected for the currently prevailing weather conditions, the experienced experts of Dunlop are a very sought-after partner for the teams

SIZE:
For use race tires come in the dimension 265/660 R18, which were jointly developed with BMW Motorsport for use on the BMW M235i Racing.

Last edited by 954Stealth; 06-18-2014 at 10:09 AM..
Appreciate 0