Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FogCityM3 View Post
Agree with prior comments, this can only be a signal of something big, and probably not just one car/model, either

As I mentioned in my prior comments about the ex-Audi guy, clearly a different strategic direction is being sought which has not been provided by internal resources. The ///M division seems to be in focus here and weak sales of ///M cars as a whole (particularly M5 /M6) and the lack of a divisional "halo effect" on BMW being perceived as the ultimate driving machine seems to be at play. Glad the company can recognize what many have been saying for a while now and here's hoping for better things to come! Probably will not be the end of the talent poaching either.
I'm wondering why that has been that the M division cars aren't selling as well. One would think that being able to get a "m sport" package has sort of cannibalized it's own M sales. To many if it looks like an M it must be an M. It's difficult today to tell apart a 435i M sport vs an M4. How many purists or must have real M cars are out there compared to casual BMW lovers that are more then happy with M performance goods rather the actual pure thing.

Not saying in all cases but some, the actual raw M cars may be too much for some people on public roads. Of course these are just my opinions. So to most well "I'll take the 435 m sport it looks great like an M4" fits the bill. And trust me your neighbor won't know the difference either.

Regardless in either case BMW is addressing certain issues/complaints and has hired two smoking guns to lead the way into the future.

We shall see very soon.

Last edited by Jadar; 10-08-2014 at 01:57 PM..
Appreciate 0