View Single Post
      03-26-2024, 03:36 PM   #42
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
They don't hold back engineering, all they do is nerf the HP a touch. The back seat thing is real, I am on a 997 group chat in Toronto and about 30 to 40% of members use the back seat for kiddie runs. I think some of you are confusing what the Cayman/boxster is, it's not a McLaren/Lambo/Ferrari/Vette MR style supercar. It is closer to a Miata with more HP.

The 911 battles those cars and if you made it MR it loses the back seats.
Agreed. I don't view the 911 as being handicapped by having back seats at all. Certain models of 911s can offer supercar performance and basic 911s are some of the best sportscars out there.

The Cayman/Boxster are legit sportscars with the engine is the exact right place. Supercars? No, but they without a doubt some of the best two seat sportscars out there and a more reliable and better put together than all of them too.

I get why people hate Porsches. It's the same reason why they hate certain college and professional teams because they are consistently good and tend to win most of the time.