View Single Post
      11-21-2014, 01:39 PM   #11
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcheapoloco View Post
You got it wrong man. These kids are spending their parents' money. And chances are most of them will be more successful than you and me simply because of the starting capital they can afford.

This is nothing new and has been going on for years in Socal.
Oh, I don't disagree that they have more starting capital (if they choose to use it wisely), but I don't understand how I'm wrong? All I was stating was that these kids are going to have their parents move in when they are older (which is typical for Asian families as I understand - the kids take care of their parents when old, and vice versa, the parents spend hugely when kids are young trying to give them the best start...which may contribute to their need to move in with their kids when old as they don't have any money left?).

So not sure how I'm wrong? My point is, I'd prefer not to babysit elderly parents for years on end just to have a head start now. I'm doing ok right now (and I love my parents - I just don't think I'd want them living with me 24/7) so I don't begrudge these kids their opportunities. Focus on doing the best you can with what you have...not what others have. Otherwise you are just going to be miserable, cause there's always someone who has more.
Appreciate 0