View Single Post
      07-11-2013, 06:04 PM   #81
Z4inAZ
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4 2.5 03

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadnashuanh View Post
You should be happy BMW is filling various niches - brings in more money, lets them spend more money on development all across the lines.
Its hurting their brand image which LONG term hurts them. gvega702 hit the nail on the head when he said this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvega702
BMW is slowly but surely turning into GM pre-bankruptcy. They are trying to cater to every single niche and clientele to make more money. And they will... up to a certain point, until they are bland as can be for trying to cater to everyone. "When you appeal to everyone you appeal to no one."
BMW used to sell a lot of products based on exclusivity or at least, PERCEIVED exclusivity. Now with a BMW for everyone at every price range and niche market, its not exclusive. In Europe BMW is basically Honda, but in the US their brand image is very different. They are turning their US brand image from a luxurious, expensive, nice car; into an every-man's car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matski
Oh man this is becoming tedious.. Not the constant stream of new models from BMW, but the constant bitching from this forum.

Right now I'm ashamed to be a BMW enthuisiast, not because of the active tourer, but because it makes me part of a group that appears to be narrow minded, mis-informed, self centric people who don't seem to be able to get out a sentence without using the word 'diluted'!

Seriously, some of the posts in the past week just make me want to rip the legs off puppies.
I think people who have been enthusiastic supporters of a company for decades have a right to be a little upset when the brand they like which once had about 4 model lines to choose from now has more than double that, almost triple that, and is deviating from their sports-oriented history with stuff like this minivan and the bloated and pointless M6 grand coupe.

I dont see how we are narrow minded, misinformed, or self centric for disliking the fact that BMW has COMPLETELY changed their brand philosophy and the way their car brand is headed.
Appreciate 0