View Single Post
      10-06-2021, 07:51 AM   #2
BMWCCA1
BMW Owner Since 1971
Rep
Drives: 1964 700 Sport Cabriolet

Garage List
2013 BMW 128i  [10.00]
So much of what you asked depends on your individual dealership and advisors.
Your Maintenance coverage these days covers only scheduled services for 3-years/36,000 miles, unless you purchased any extension. The original covers only fluids and filters. It does not cover wiper blades, fan belts, or tires or alignment. Doubtful that you'll need spark plugs in 36,000 miles but some of that is CBS (condition based service) and the car will tell the dealer what is due. Everything else is on you. I might align my BMW when it needs new tires. And then I might not, especially if my tires are wearing evenly or in typical BMW patterns (middle of rears and edges of fronts). You should not need it with every oil service unless your roads are just awful.

If your dealership has a drive-in service reception, then drive in. That's pretty easy.

I would fall back on your client advisor only if you have an issue with Service your service advisor can't resolve. Remember that your client advisor may have made as little as $200 on your transaction so don't expect miracles. He also may be gone to greener pastures before your maintenance program expires. I believe the average time at a dealership these days is between two- and four-years. I started 45-years ago so don't ask me how it's done these days!! I'm obviously a bad example. My customers will reach out to me if the Service phone is busy, if they can't get a loaner, if there's any issue, or if the service isn't complete on-time. There is really little I can do, but I do what I can. That's probably why I have repeat customers that span three-generations in the same family. But please, when you're making demands of your client advisor, please remember that the car you may have paid $100,000 for may have netted your client advisor $200 in commission or "flat" payout. In my experience that can work out to $4/hour for their time spent with you. Please be reasonable and follow the Golden Rule.
Appreciate 2
F32Fleet3606.00