View Single Post
      01-03-2012, 10:14 AM   #48
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Why do many think BMW are losing it?

When they have significant new products such as the new BMW 1er , appearance is subjective but I do not think Tom Cruise reads this board and decided to give the 1er an impromptu facelift in Mission Impossible : Ghost Protocol.

The 1er is a fantastic new car and brings luxury class features to the Premium compact segment.

And then the new 3er which by all accounts has set the current Audi A4 and Mercedes-Benz C-Klasse back a few years thanks to it's continuing superiority in design and engineering. I will be slipping into a Sportline 320d when I return to work on Monday and I am looking forward to it as colleagues praise about the new 3er.

Both the 1er and 3er will be more profitable than the outgoing E87 and E90 series.

Two signifcant new products for 2012. And although the 1er has been available since September it has delivered especially high sales , something that will continue in 2012 with the arrival of more Performance and additional 3dr model.

Then the BMWi cars are the most important BMWs possibly of the company's lifetime. Two new concepts all new from the ground up. Distinctive design and highly individual. This is "Born Electric" not "Secondary Thought" this not an additional model or sports car electrified. This is what you have to do to cement the idea of sustainable mobility - You have to stand out and that is the core philosophy of BMWi. The cars are one thing but the range of applications that will be integrated with the cars are the way ahead and once again BMW leads.

So then you have BMW on top again as the worlds most efficient automobile manufacturer and globally the top luxury marque in terms of sales. And all that without a super high end sports car.