View Single Post
      07-25-2013, 01:49 PM   #85
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

You know, it actually could be that the 10K interval is the result of bean counters for the reasons stated above, especially given the annual oil change policy as well. I got an oil change when I hit the 1-year mark even though I was only 2000 miles shy of the mileage mark, and apparently BMW's policy for time-based oil changes is that they do NOT reset the service indicator, so 2000 miles later I got yet another free oil change due to mileage.

As for the free oil between changes, in the 20K miles I've driven my car, I've gotten 5 free liters of TWS 10W-60 outside of the regular oil changes, 4 from my SA and 1 from another dealer when I ran out on the way to a track day. I didn't end up having to use all of that in my car though; some spilled while in a Ziploc in my track bag (I hate that the caps don't reseal tightly). I don't know if that's BMW policy or simply a dealer courtesy, but that's been my experience -- though I imagine it would be considered Ultimate Service since the car is saying it needs oil, and oil is covered by Ultimate Service. Although just in case it was a dealer courtesy, I did buy my SA a bottle of JW Black Label for Christmas last year.

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)

Last edited by jphughan; 07-25-2013 at 02:09 PM..
Appreciate 0