08-24-2014, 10:22 PM   #389
Vigilante375
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 AW 6M 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesons Viggen View Post
Easy tiger, the COPO(central office production order) Camaro was an aluminum 427 swapped in, they were quite fast-totally street legal-but were 12-13 second cars on street tires, maybe 11's with slicks and headers. Basically, they were special ordered cars through your dealer. The engine option cost more than the car itself.
I'm not talking about the COPO from the 60s (1st gen), tiger. I'm talking about the limited production, 5th gen Camaro starting in 2012. Here.....let me show you this years:

https://www.chevrolet.com/performance/copo-camaro.html

And my response was to 335m saying that he couldn't see GM letting a Camaro beat the Vette in the 1/4, even if it is a limited production car. Now you can take that as the C7 Z06 being limited production or a Camaro.

Honestly, the Camaro was the car that did it all. From the road course, to the drag strip and on the streets. The Vette never started anything until the later C5 era. Yes, there was a C2 Z06 but for 1 year only compared to how many R/S, Z/28, Yenko Camaros that were made and were used to race.
Appreciate 0