View Single Post
      03-17-2014, 12:34 AM   #8
2fast4
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@TopGearSolutions View Post
If you have 30FF you have a boost leak somewhere so it's not the tune. Since the tune target a higher PSI that it can't meet it triggers the 30FF.

The 30FF and boost leak threads have been beaten to death. You need to source the leak as there are many areas it can be.

A 30FF code and check engine light will appear when you underboost for over 3 seconds consistently.
I know for fact that it ran great with the 30FF code. I ran great for about 3 days. Than it lost all power up 3 days ago.
It's when I got the 2AAF fuel pump plausibility, is when I noticed it dropped and never recovered even though I changed to different maps.

Sure, is hooking up a air compressor and plastic adapter to do a leak test, easy said than done? So far, I checked passenger side vacuum hoses. They're fine(front side 2 braided hoses going to the canister are disintegrating on the sheath....oh some CRAP quality! Will have to replace them with Mitsubishi's). Broke the vacuum canister nipple on the underside. That's how I checked vacuum leaks
Appreciate 0