View Single Post
      04-15-2010, 09:30 AM   #15
fnckr
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyeatsworld View Post
I've used creatine and I think it's great.

To give an example, normally my chest would be shot after 12 sets. On creatine I could pump out 17 sets and still be strong.

Having said this I think it adds size albeit water weight but due to the increase in strength and stamina it results in bigger net gains after water loss.

There are a lot of studies out there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aija View Post
My first creatine cycle i didnt notice any difference....i even "stacked" the creatine (increasing intake by the day) and still didnt notice anything.

Then i started my second cycle 3months later and did tons of research on how to take it, when to take it, etc. My weight jumped from 189lbs to close to 200. Now this was all water weight of course (cause my weight went back down after i stopped the cycle) but it did increase my lifts.
That was my experience as well. However, I have a warning. I cycled creatine from 1996 to 1999, when it was just becoming mainstream. In 1999 I had a kidney stone. I was only 21. In 2000 I had another kidney stone at only 22. I'm now 34 and haven't had another.

Creatine may have changed since then, but I won't try it. Now I just use diet and cross training. If you really want to get solid and healthy check out crossfit.com. Oh, and by solid, I don't mean size. I mean that all those little supporting muscles are strong as well and you have an overall thickness instead of just a few key bulges. I don't compare to any of the gals/guys on that site, but I aspire to.