View Single Post
      07-27-2011, 12:34 PM   #155
doubleIN
atlien
Rep
Drives: '11 e90 335i

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [8.50]
I've been training jiu jitsu for about 3 years now. I love it, it's a great way to stay in shape and it gives me a great mindset for approaching conflict in everyday life. not to mention it's one of the most proven self defense systems out there.

I live in Atlanta and train at Tiger Academy of Martial Arts in Roswell. If anyone is new to jiu jitsu and wants to come check out a class, just let me know. Or if anyone from other schools in the area want to come up and roll, we do allow students from outside to come in to roll, as long as you are not a jerk on the mat looking to hurt someone.

Some schools teach jiu jitsu as a competitive sport for tournaments, others as part of MMA training. At Tiger Academy we learn jiu jitsu as a self defense system as designed by Helio Gracie. Our school is the official representative for Gracie Academy in the Atlanta area. Our head instructor Eddie Camden is a black belt under Pedro Sauer who is himself a black belt under Rickson Gracie. We regularly have members of the Gracie family come to the academy to give master cycle seminars, including Royce, Rickson, Ryron and Rener. Helio Gracie himself came to our school about a year before he passed away. So if you want to train jiu jitsu the way the Gracies intended for people to train, definitely check out Tiger Academy in Atlanta
Appreciate 0