View Single Post
      09-02-2014, 01:39 PM   #70
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Op,

Gee I never seen the PSP on the turnpike give someone a roadside discount like you got. Consider yourself lucky that is for sure.

You are correct he did not clock you if in fact he was driving at the time since PA radar can not operating in moving mode. This is why he gave you a 3111 ticket verse a speeding ticket and those tickets are hard to beat in court. If he wrote you up for speeding it would have been an easy win in court, but then again, you admit to 80 so that would have been enough to convict you in court if you chose to fight the ticket.

Personally, I had my fair share of run ins with the PSP, and Out of all the officers I ever encountered they are usually the most professional of the bunch. I have to say he ripped on you because you gave attitude and then gave him grief about his gift to you since there are plenty of other things he could have written you up for.

I willing to bet you were doing more than speeding since I personally have pass the PSP on the turnpike and never got a second look from them since they legally have to give you 6 over before they can issue a ticket and usually the give you 12 to 15 over before they give you a second look.

Last edited by Maestro; 09-03-2014 at 11:45 AM..
Appreciate 0