04-29-2016, 09:29 AM   #5
Mywifes335
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 FBO M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by antych View Post
Well, it's up to you. I stick to Paleo foods and avoid anything pro inflammatory, which narrows things a bit. You can eat junk, processed food and stay in keto, if that's your only goal. For me a typical day is:

Breakfast - smoked salmon with olives, cucumber, radish, added olive oil
Dinner - beef/fish/liver fried in coconut oil, spinach, kale, broccoli, olive oil

I don't eat lunch. You don't get hungry every few hours when you're in keto, so there's no need to eat every few hours.

There are other good sources of fat, like tree nuts (not peanuts) and eggs, but they can cause inflammation, and avocado which can cause indigestion (FODMAP). Cheese is mostly fat, if you tolerate dairy well, but most people don't.

There are many options, it really depends on your goals. If it's just keto, you can replace things like bread, pasta, rice, and potatoes on your plate with cheese and you're done
Thanks! Not necessarily have to stick to keto, but really want to couple sedentary weight loss with accelerated healing through diet.

At the hospital as we speak and the breakfast was "high protein" but still loaded with carbs. I ate the eggs, a few grapes, black coffee. For mid morning, my loved ones brought me an egg white omelet with spinach and ham, topped with pico de gallo. Ate half that and saving half to supplement lunch - green salad with olive oil and grilled chicken.

Please let me know your experience with Paleo and what your goals were.

I just want to lose the 20lbs I put on before surgery. Been maintaining muscle mass but lack of mobility was killing my cardio. Couldn't swim due to incision healing times.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0