Banned
Rep
Drives: E9 CSi, Z4M coup, E65 730d, E4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwells
Quote:
Originally Posted by X3paul View Post
A seat Leon has led turn signals as standard

Now look at this - if this 100k no extras bimmer as an interior as cheap as this (idrive from a 20k 116i plastics as cheap as a vw polo and temperature controls that look like a 80's aftermarket cd player )
I really have to agree with you here. The purposeful holding back of LEDs for the LCI models is absolutely ridiculous. It's 2014, and this sort of thing is standard all over the place. The Toyota Corolla even comes with LED lowbeams and full LED headlights as standard. BMW has had the ability to do LED lights for well over ten years (E46 LCI had them), but purposefully screws over people who buy pre-LCI cars.

As for the plastics, it's a shame to see from those pictures that it looks like they're using that same plastic even in the i8. When I had an F30 for a few days, I couldn't believe how cheap looking and feeling the plastic shifter surround was. It would have felt out of place in a Kia Optima, let alone a BMW.

Back on topic, I'm not crazy about this design. I think the profile looks pretty good and I could learn to love the rear. But the kidneys are waaayyyy overdone; even bigger than on the 7 Series where I think they're already excessive. It makes the front of the car look too "snouty."
Thats my point. I have been driving bimmers for 20 years now started with a e36 e series to e46, a seven, previous gen x3 and current x3 and the quality is worst when the competion gets better. And now after 20 years i am jumping ship, and exchanging my x3 for a macan, the main reason beeing the x3 terrible to drive (in 3 years never put a smile in my face its just A to B vehicle) and the macan looks like to be everything the x3 should have been.
Appreciate 0