View Single Post
      04-21-2014, 11:03 PM   #9
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 330i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
I forgave BMW for what they did with the M5 and M6 and their sound but when I watch these Mercedes with turbos, I'm asking myself, "WTF BMW?"
Haha I know what you mean. AMG really has been flying under the radar since 2012, IMO. Prior to the arrival of the CLK63 Black Series, the vast majority of AMG cars were mostly just stylish, straight-line monsters with attitude.

With the debut of the W204 C63, AMG finally had a car that deserved to be mentioned in the same breath as the M3. The LCI C63 even took down the E9X in some comparisons and it also produced some faster lap times at tracks like the 'ring. It's hard to describe the strides AMG has made in recent years on this forum without being labeled an AMG turncoat.

But the fact is, that couldn't be further from the truth. I was exclusively a diehard BMW fan for years until I gave the LCI C63 a try. Now, I respect and enjoy both brands (M and AMG) equally. They each offer something unique. However, at the moment, I really like the direction AMG is going. The same goes for MB as well. MB has stopped trying to copy BMW. The brand is concentrating on formulating its own distinct identity.
Gone: '18 W205 C43 Sedan
Gone: '13 W204 C63 Sedan
Appreciate 0