View Single Post
      01-11-2024, 12:51 PM   #50
JJacksonIII
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X7 M60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW19 View Post
One of the biggest problems with EV's is the huge weight penalty from the batteries.This makes no sense if you want a light agile sports car.Who wants to feel like they are driving a tank every day.IMO it is not a technology that will be around very long.It just isn't effecient enough and is terrible for the evironment.Just look at the environmental impact of the massive mining operations for the lithium and rare earth minerals that go into these cars.They aren't fun to drive and the artificial outside noise they are now coming with sounds like crap.You would think that a manufacturer like BMW could at least come up with a nice ICE exhaust sound to provide some kind of excitement when driving these dull vehichles.Thank goodness i was able code out that terrible outside noise with Bimmercode on my fathers new Mini Cooper SE.
Everyone referencing the environmental impact of huge mining operations for rare metals... Forgetting what goes into getting oil from the ground? The Valdez spill, the BP oil spill, tens of thousands of other oil spills? What goes into the manufacturing of the platforms and rigs needed to pull the crude up? And the manufacturing of the shipping vessels to then ship it all to refineries.. and then from the refineries to the gas stations... And then when the gas is shipped to it's final destination, go ahead and burn it all... Seriously? We don't yet think there might be a better way?
Appreciate 1
WolfGTI716.00