View Single Post
      05-02-2013, 06:54 PM   #1183
GoingTooFast
Banned
Rep
Drives: fat cars are still boats
Location: compensating a fat car with horsepower is like giving an alcoholic cocaine to sober him up.

No, not really... the Volkswagen Bluesport is the most underrated driver's car concept of all times because of marketing reasons and since I've known that Toyota is trying hard to produce an hotter hybrid version of the Toyobaru I can't go without expressing my disapproval and disappointment about such option. The car industry is trying to sell us the false idea that the electric car is the way to go in the near future because of the CO2 emissions. Nothing could be more far from reality until you have a 'CO2 clean' energy source worldwide from which you can derive the necessary electric energy to supply the present world demand, let alone the even higher demand in such scenario! Just look at China and their rapid nuclear energy expansion and yet it will only represent roughly 5% of their electricity needs in 2020. It will take some decades until the electric car can make sense as a 'green' option. And, I'm not talking yet about all the CO2 emissions involved on the electric batteries manufacturing. This is rubbish!!!

An hybrid driver's car is also rubbish... you are only adding weight when you should be reducing it as much as you could - but that is more expensive to perform and that's the real issue - because when you push hard like you suppose to do in a true driver's car the batteries or the capacitors, whatever, can only give you that much of extra power much like the overboost function on the my 1M, it will last what?! 7 seconds... and then nothing until you brake hard again consecutively, so you will be burning a lot of fuel again unless you have a diesel engine.

When you drive hard nothing can beat a good diesel engine in fuel-efficiency and performance... nothing!!!!
Appreciate 0