View Single Post
      04-21-2014, 03:31 PM   #9
davis449
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi SQ5

Quote:
The big money is in services where specialized skills are needed such as being able to build/troubleshoot servers or installing/troubleshooting networks. I would say once you get you get established with the fundamentals of PCs, I would highly pursue getting well versed with networking...particularly wireless. Everything is going to be networked in some fashion and the trend isn't going to die down at all. Someone who can properly design, configure, and implement a wireless network is going to be able to write their own ticket. And this isn't just about being able to throw up a simple Linksys wireless router. There's a lot more to wireless than many people are aware of.
This is EXACTLY where I need to go. Part of my educational background is in networking, but didn't pursue it out of college. I did LAN\WLAN for about 3 years with a pharmaceutical manufacturing company I worked at for 5.5 years. I should've stayed there and kept going with that. I was getting pretty good at it. Now, unfortunately, I am pigeon holed at the company I currently work for and am trying to get out. I am ok with servers, I know enough to be dangerous, but not enough to do full time with it. I had that opportunity before this job, but didn't take it. I regret passing that up immensely.
Appreciate 0