View Single Post
      02-09-2010, 09:30 PM   #42
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAxDEATH(NYC) View Post
Well if i got it right - the sales man - is the person that suppose to help you to choice the car you want, otherwise if we all knew what exactly we want, we wouldn't need a dealerships, we would be ordering them online.....am i right or not ?

My story was close to OP, i came to Brooklyn BMW dealership (on 4th ave) first time, and i already knew that i want a X6, they had an demo, and first person who came to me, ask me "how he can help me". So i said i want X6, we where around X6 and i was looking at the sticker ($86k). So i asked him if i can have a test drive, next his questions was "are you sure you can buy this car ???" I mean WTF!!!!! What kind of question is that ?? He made his question out of my look, i`m a small guy, i`m looking like a teenager. But what kind of shit is that ?? Do i have to have a rolex on my hands, or very expensive dress to "SHOW HIM THAT I CAN AFFORD THIS CAR"??? So i told him, yes i can afford lets appraise my hummer, so we did spent 2 hours of doing it, and ONLY after that we took a test drive. So when we came back, i said that i changed my mind and i don't want this car - yes i was a jerk in a purpose. In a week later i came to dealership, saw him busy with other customer, so i picked up another salesman and made a deal with him. You`ll ask me WHY I DID ???? Be cause we cant be judged based on our dress, or colour of skin or race, or age. Am i not right ?
I would have asked you the same question though probably a little better. I sell homes, so one of the 1st things I do when I meet a new potential buyer is talk about their financing situation BEFORE I show them a house. I'm not interested in wasting my time or yours. Its business, you were looking at a very expensive car and wanted to test drive it. Not rocket science.