spool twice
Rainbow Racer
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4cs

Garage List
2019 M4cs  [0.00]
new job offer, but based on contingency of background check

It's been approx. four years since I've looked for a job that I forget the ropes. Story:

I applied for a regional senior management position of clinical finance at a well-known cancer research institute on a Friday evening. Surprisingly (and I mean that given the state of unemployment and the economy) the Tuesday directly after, I received a call for a brief phone interview of my background and they said they would get back with me. Two weeks later, I received an interview. The interview process consisted of three interviews, one screening interview with HR, one with VP & Executive Director, and then one with Associate Director (who curiously, I don't report to, but she was wonderful to meet with regardless), all within a 2 month time span.

I finally got the call last Friday that I should be expecting an offer by Tuesday morning. Monday afternoon rolls around and I received a call. I reviewed the entire salary/benefits package, liked the majority of it, but decided to counteroffer the salary. Tuesday afternoon, I get a callback with their counteroffer, and I accepted. HR emails me the documents to sign, however, it says based on contingency. I had to ask one of the managers in another department where I work who I know very well as we worked on various projects together, because I didn't want to approach my manager (for obvious reasons). Apparently, my current employer does the same thing, however, I don't remember because I was so excited for the position after just finishing up some school work.

Has anyone received an offer like this? Is this a industry standard?

My worry is that I have speeding tickets (6 municipal), 1 careless driving (reckless reduced to careless due to an accident and pleading guilty), 1 exhibition driving (loud exhaust). However, my last traffic violation stemmed from 2006. In 2008, I did receive a non-moving violation for failing to put on my new tags, but that doesn't appear on my DMV records. All of this is in the state of South Dakota. I moved to FL in 2010 and my record has been 100% clean since.

This position does require extensive travel, as it is a regional position, so I'll be driving approx 300-400miles/week (in the M3 nonetheless, so at least it wont be a boring drive).

Should I be worried that I fail the background check? It's a killer position, and I'd hate to lose it because I felt I was a good fit for at least 95% of the items listed on my duties.
Appreciate 0