View Single Post
      08-17-2022, 01:40 PM   #24
LimeRock
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW & Porsche

For what it's worth, I've had considerable seat time in an E92 and own a 997.2 C2S. They're very different cars. The M3 is larger, heavier, and rides higher than the 911. The standard brakes are not as good in the M3 either, but the overall flexibility of the E92 is significant. It has much more room in the cabin, is more insulated and compliant on long highway rides, and overall more "livable". That's not to say my 997 isn't, but you get lots of road noise and it truly is a two seater sports car. I also give the nod to the 997 steering feel. Overall more communicative and tight.

If it matters, PCM was way behind i-drive during that era too. In terms of speed, the C2S is faster out of the box. I find the flat 6 more engaging, but the S65 is also a masterpiece. The DCT vs PDK debate is interesting - I prefer the PDK upshifts and DCT downshifts. The automatic shifting on the PDK is slightly more intelligent too (sport / sport+ modes). From a reliability perspective, the 9A1 in the 997.2 is fairly bulletproof, with no real Achillies heel. Some complain about oil burn but I haven't experienced that. The engine requires driving, and runs smoother after a nice hard drive. Can't go wrong either way, both cars will be all time classics and I hope to own one of each soon.

PS - find a clean example to drive and you'll be shocked. Bought mine with 38k mikes, I have 45k now and it's a flawless driver.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
Cmassey3420.50
414bhp162.50