View Single Post
      10-27-2023, 12:43 PM   #1
pcs360
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 E63 M6

Question Help! Reputable engine swap garage for S85 needed - Seattle

Hello Everyone!
New to this forum, recent accident has me looking for options and hoping for some help.

My 2008 M6 had a unintended meeting with a guardrail the other night during a heavy rain. It is looking like insurance will be totaling it out, as there is significant damage to the left side. It is somewhat ironic that this happened when I was driving more cautious and risk-free than ever.

Under normal circumstances I would likely chalk this up to bad luck and let insurance coverage take its course, however there is a Jeup-built 5.9L S85 under the hood (and numerous other items) that I cant in good conscience go to a junkyard.

My first thought is to explore the purchase of another E63 (or possibly E60) and have a garage swap things over. I have a friend that would be able to help get this done at his shop but unfortunately he is leaving the country next week and will be unavailable for a few months.

I am aware this will ultimately result in a loss no matter what, but I would prefer to hedge that with something to show for it.

Looking for advice, recommendations, and possible referral to a reputable shop in Washington State. Seattle-Tacoma metro would be ideal.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by pcs360; 10-27-2023 at 12:46 PM.. Reason: added s85 note
Appreciate 0