01-21-2010, 06:59 PM   #25
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eau Rouge View Post
This ^^^

Allow me to add: Some of you have probably been around service centers and witnessed someone behave very badly toward an SA. I have witnessed some totally classless behavior. The expectations of some people are simply off-the-charts. The SA's are always the ones who bear the brunt of bitchy customers, and there are a lot of people that think that when all does turn out as expected, or better than expected (e.g. quicker service), that such an occurrence IS the norm and should ALWAYS be the case.

To me, tipping even when not necessarily called for by etiquette, is a matter of human decency that recognizes good service or past good service thanks to the competent efforts of one or more employees. It seems to me that in our society people tend to be quick to rip those who fail to meet expectations even when the individual being shredded is not the culprit, but the same individuals apparently are far less willing (incapable?) to call attention to positive outcomes. If some of you think that SA's and the like don't care or don't take notice of customers that bother with tokens of appreciation, think again.
EXACTLY... i can't even begin to tell you the heinosity i've witnessed while waiting in the service bay... and then people wonder why people who drive bmw's get bad reps, lol... even when things haven't gone accordingly, i've never had a fit, raised my voice, i just came to the understanding that someone somewhere (NOT my SA) messed up... in return for a few meals here and there, the occasional gift at appropriate times, this is what i get in return without me asking;

1) Valentines Day 2009, me and the gf are headed out of town early am, as soon as the car hits the freeway, car dies, another victim of the HPFP... it's saturday, service center here is closed, i text my SA, who on his day off, DRIVES 40 miles to the dealership from his home just to take the car into the bay, puts us in a loaner, and sends us on our way, all the while appologizing that nobody would be in until MONDAY to work on the car...

2) I left something under the passenger seat, someone went to move the seat, item threw the entire seat off the rail... took it in, SA advised me that if any coins or foreign objects were found, i would be charged... calls me a couple hours later to ask me if i'm missing my allen wrench set, lol... no charge, sends me on my way...

3) I accidently leave the ignition on just not the engine running... go into the office, come out 8 hours later, car is dead... SA has my vehicle towed in, calls me and tells me i'm an idiot for leaving ignition in the on position... no charge for anything...

i could keep going all day long, but i think you get the general idea... so you tell me, if the little bit of gratitude that i show my SA is deserved or worth spending a few dollars on?? don't think for a second that because they "service" our bmw's that they are beneath us or it is expected that they provide a superior level of service...
Appreciate 0