Just one more taste...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i 6MT MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1aze View Post
Looks similar to mine, but I tried to use some zip ties and tie downs to hold the remaining cables out of the way against the back of my PSU. If I had realized how much of a pain in the ass it was to bundle all of them together, I would have opted for the modular power supply.

You planning on OCing off the bat? I have been toying with the idea of trying to, but I literally do not need it to be any faster, so I cant justify shortening the longevity of the system.
Yeah, that's why I went with a modular, and it was still tough. It would have been a big pain to get those out of the way with the small case.

That's the first thing I did, lol. I didn't keep it though, I only tried it to see how far I could get. The ASRock utility makes it very easy. I got the CPU up to 4.2 GHz. I didn't try any CPU benchmarks, but it worked fine playing games and general stuff. I got the video card up to 1075/1450 and played some games on it with no issues. I can run all of my games on ultra settings on my 1080p TV with stock settings though, so I'm going to leave it stock for now.
That was my justification. I'm getting 125+ fps at all times on max settings in CSGO so there's no reason to push it if I don't have to. I will likely grab some dust filters and enjoy the machine for a while. I'm hoping it lasts a good long time!