02-03-2014, 11:30 AM   #126
boarderofsnow86
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBanger View Post
I could really use some serious help with my rig it's been down for over a month. ASUS' customer service is just awful.Here's what I got:
ASUS P8Z68-V LX
Corsair H60
CorsAir 8Gb Dominator RAM
Fatality sound card by Creative
GeForce GTX 560 Ti
Samsung 120gb boot
WD magnetic drive 1TB storage
She boots up fine CPU Fan error" shows up and when I'm into Windows 7 for 3 minutes it automatically resets itself. I've contacted corporate because there customer service is useless and a joke, that's all I will say.
I've taken off the fan and re-applied the thermal paste twice, and same outcome. This has driven me nuts!! If anyone is capable of helping me out,I will paypal them someone money for their help.
It may be automatically shutting off due to over heating.

Go into your bios and disable the cpu fan sensor since you have a water cooled setup. However check with the cooler manufacturer to see how the pump works. Does it have a dedicated power supply? If not and it runs off the motherboard fan power it may be a different issue and require the mobo sensor to be on to power the pump. Or that power supply may not provide enough power to run the pump.

Make sure thermal paste is good and brackets are installed correctly. Make sure that the pump is actually running. 3 minutes sounds like it may just be cooling with the water sitting on the cpu block.

If you reset your bios it probably reset those settings to default. My Asus board does.
Appreciate 0