09-23-2014, 03:20 PM   #46
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
We will see if charge stations become widespread or not. I have yet to see one and I drive 50, 000 miles a year. As for being new tech, electric cars came before gas and we're dropped as less effective. Newer doesn't necessarily mean better. Right now gas is double the price it was when the current administration took office even though there is a hugh glut of excess gas. This is because they are on purpose keeping the price high to push people in ty o electric card, hybrids, etc. Let's see how many are sold when the next administration takes over and gas drops to $1.35 a gallon.
Yes, because the government can tell BP, Shell, Exxon, etc etc. what to set gas prices at and they're just DYING to lower prices again because they're tired of the record profits and margins.

Fact is, since oil is a non-renewable resource, this means that the cost of gas is based on not only current supply but future supply and demand, economically speaking. It's why when something such as war or major political shifts happen in oil rich regions...your gas prices jump. Or if you see a report by AAA that says they expect gasoline demand to drop over time, gas prices go down.

If you're wacky conspiracy theory was true, it would fail to explain the massive drop in gas prices over the past several weeks.

If you think gas will go back down to $1.35 or that the government can control gas prices, then...well I guess, again, you are from Florida....
Appreciate 0