Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X5

Garage List
2016 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
I mean all due respect what you said doesn't have much substance either. Everything you said above is again a pipe dream, but you could very well be correct. pretty condescending to use phrases like "whining incessantly"

I personally love EVs and whipping them around the city and daily driving. But i also love the sound of a v12 and v10.

Where are people going to plug these in? Where are the plans for infrastructure?
Pipe dream? Infrastructure? The fast charging infrastructure is already solved for - Tesla opens up to nearly every maufacturer in 2024/25, BMW/Stelantis/Kia etc. are creating a charging network with 30,000 plus stalls starting in 2024, GM is partnering with EVGo and Pilot/Flying J to create a network with 20,000+ stalls - some of which are already up and running.

In terms of the electrical infrastructure, why are you acting like this isn’t something that can be solved for? You think there will be 100,000,000 EVs on the road all at once? That’s not how things work. The electrical infra will continue to be redeveloped as we shift our energetic priorities, but clearly said infrastructure is in need of an overhaul. Part of that overhaul will include the continued introduction of renewable energy sources.
Appreciate 3