View Single Post
      01-23-2014, 02:24 PM   #1
danniexi
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 F97 X3M Comp LCI

Garage List
*Official* Bimmerpost photo contest no.81| "The Decisive Moment" (Street Photography)

Topic: "The Decisive Moment" (Street Photography)

"To me, photography is the simultaneous recognition, in a fraction of a second, of the significance of an event as well as of a precise organization of forms which give that event its proper expression... There is a creative fraction of a second when you are taking a picture. Your eye must see a composition or an expression that life itself offers you, and you must know with intuition when to click the camera. That is the moment the photographer is creative..."

- Henri Cartier-Bresson

The topic refers to the title of HCB's book (English edition). Considered the father of photojournalism, HCB helped pioneer and develop what is widely known today as "street photography" or "life reportage" style of photography. Whether it be an "exceptional" or "ordinary" moment, go out and take a picture that brings something out for the viewer... a story, an emotion, or an idea.

Submissions will close on February 5th, 2014.

1. Any interpretation of the theme that falls within Bimmerpost.com rules is welcome.
2. You must be the person that took the photo. Photos taken prior to the start of the contest are acceptable as long as you are the one that captured the image.
3. One submission per contest, and you cannot resubmit a photo that you've submitted before in a previous contest.
4. Images must be no larger than 1024 px in any direction. Links to larger images are allowed but you must have one that is no more than 1024 px for the poll.
5. All contestants must host their own pictures (which includes hosting them on Bimmerpost).
6. All images must have a title.
7. While post processing in Photoshop is allowed, adding or removing parts of the picture is not. In the event a photo is suspected to be "photo-chopped," the contestant will be asked to provide the original picture.
BMW MY06 E46 325XI - GONE
Appreciate 0