View Single Post
      10-04-2016, 03:26 PM   #31
thecurryman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2001 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilehighM3 View Post
BMW does still pay for maintenance! You're just spouting off misinformation. The '17 models will not include brakes and wipers, but it's still more inclusive than any other manufacturer, at no cost. For around $600 you can have the other items included in the maintenance program. Since the '17 models are still limited, that doesn't account for the decline in sales numbers, as you claim. However the increase in pre-owned sales does. That's largely in part to huge lease numbers in the past 2-3 years. The number of lease returns is off the charts, and that always hurts new vehicle sales in a price driven economy. Given the shit show of an election we have coming up, it's no surprise people are cutting back.
The new maintenance plan is a full year shorter (3yr 36k mile) and does not include brakes (biggest maintaince repair), wipers (seriously? it costs like nothing for BMW to include that), and the clutch (also large repair cost). The maintenance plan is no longer transferable even if the car is within the year/mile limit.
"For around $600"- why should I pay $600 on top of my car's selling price just to have a maintenance plan that was longer and more inclusive?

We may/may not ever know the impact of the maintenance plan change on sales numbers, but I do know it has lowered brand perception across all consumers. People used to tell me they bought BMW b/c of the maintenance plan since Audi or MB weren't as good, but now? well not so much.
Appreciate 0