09-12-2013, 06:34 AM   #8
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Denver View Post
You can get the results you need on your own without forking out lots of cash for stuff you probably already know or can easily find out. Just my opinion.
What results are you trying to get to ?
I think that could be so for some folks. I know for myself, I'd never have achieved the things I have without a trainer. Hell, even though I enjoy working out with my trainer, I know that even now, I wouldn't do it if I weren't doing it with a trainer.

Also, depending on what one's goals are, one's overall fitness status, and the rate of progress one needs to achieve, it can be dangerous to just do it alone. Also, some things absolutely require another person's assistance, and that person must be someone who knows what they are doing. For more basic things, it's probably ok to just ask someone at the gym or a friend to spot for you, for example. At other times, you'll want to have a spotter who knows what they are looking for/at to know when you are about to crash and possibly injure yourself.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0