04-11-2020, 11:31 AM   #47
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted99 View Post
No, I was serious. And the current C-19 economic effects may accelerate this. Gen Z is going to be hammered for many years to come. Research says that low starting salaries propagate for many years afterwards. My two cars are sitting, but costing me money. it's a cost that Gen Z may be unwilling (or unable) to pay. Ride sharing when you need it is a lot cheaper than car ownership, particularly when you don't have a job to commute to or are teleworking. Were there people that treasured their horse-drawn Phaetons after the Model T proliferated? We car buffs could be an endangered species in 20 years.
I hope that we will survive.
What baffles me is that people have no idea that the new EV is not the evolution they are fooled to believe. Control and lack of freedom are knocking on the door and people follow without question. The mass media is the shepherd...
The new clean diesel is the most efficient vehicle in terms of everything including the manufacturing process.
Any ICE vehicle GIVES YOU FREEDOM to move anywhere even where there is no grid, road or a plug!
Appreciate 3