08-15-2013, 05:26 PM   #48
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Rod View Post
Wow!!! How did this end up here??? I suddently felt like when having a couple of beers with a couple of guys 30+ trying to give advice to a younger nephew or cousin or something. Which is both amusing and funny (not in a bad way, but because we've ALL been through it before)! Anyways, old thread, hope OP already got some and they lived happily ever after, OR got some from one of her slutty friends!
It's easier to give that kind of advice in writing, if you ask me. Every time I've been enjoined to do so in real life, the f*cker keeps interrupting with, "well, yea, but...,"

I'm the sort of friend that I suggested the OP seek. I don't want to be all up in my friends' personal affairs and I really have no interest in debating someone else's relationship or my own. I'm more the type to say my piece -- long or short -- and be done. They can do with it what they want after that. In the meantime, I'd just as soon we go grab a drink, play a game of chess or cards, and talk about something else.

The simple fact is that one can tell one's friends what one thinks, but they are going to do what they want to anyway. Once you've said your bit, what else is there to say? They know what you think on the matter, what happens next in the relationship is theirs to determine.

It would be intriguing to hear just where the OP ended up with the girl though. I suspect that the short of it is that things worked out about as others have concluded.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0