01-07-2014, 04:30 AM   #138
w3rkn
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 135is

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
There will NOT be a FWD BMW 3er.

Odd, how many BMW's use the BMW formula today..? (RWD + LSD)

For instance, I have a 6month old $52,000 BMW 135is.. that doesn't have a LSD. So it is not a true BMW, even though it has the "S" moniker. (I was duped by your e-marketing, and further, cannot even easily add one). Same for the 3-series. So?

So, not only has BMW strayed from their rear wheel drive heritage, they circumvent customers from getting a real, rwd car from BMW (unless they buy into the M).
Scott, a simple 325is in the 90s had a LSD (or at least had the option) so laugh at Audi all you want, BMW has not been true to their customer in 15 years. Most here are done complaining and trying to explain to BMW why we are leaving.

You guys will figure it all out, when we are all driving your competitor's cars & BMW becomes the biggest SUV manufacturer. This level of un-focused attention to your core & uber-reliance on marketing has a cost. No enthusuaist cars, but BMW now makes suvs/savs, or this, or that?
I never heard anyone ask, or make a plea for an Active Tourer, but I have for a M135i in America, or a small sportwagon, or something other than just a 135i/335i. Epic fail and the reason the core client are leaving & trying other brands. Or ever wonder why so many others, have been waiting on a true successor to the e46 M3, because it was quintessential BMW stuff.. ie: 1M.

So, You cannot laugh at Audi for being AWD/FWD focused, when only a few of the cars YOU make, are true RWD.

It's called "hypocrisy" and it's laughable that you try to call our Audi, but forget BMW artificially limit their own customers. Again, with simple things such as when you buy a $50k performance BMW and it has a clutch delay valve or no real LSD option, bouncy sub-frame bushings, etc. You've bean-counted away BMW's heritage & it shows.

Honestly, does BMW's need more carbon fiber... or less clutch delay valves..?

Again SCOTT, BMW isn't pure to their own heritage, don't take that route here on this forum with us. I've been a BMW fan for 35 years & you have little that interest me since the i6 M3. So shame on your smug attitude... there is an exact reason you won't release the price list for the LSD on the M235, because you know it should be stock! Let-alone jack up the price for a mechanical LSD, for a vehicle already has an //M on it...? (let alone optional). Ford doesn't charge for lsds on their sportcars.

Guess what, the new S550 Mustang and Alpha/ATS based Z28 will be much less expensive than either an M2 or M4... and then we can buy a secondary American hatchback for DD.

FWIW, I forced myself to buy a 135is, because you ran out of 1M's... funny isn't it..? (My car is not worth the BMW price)

Last edited by w3rkn; 01-07-2014 at 04:49 AM..
Appreciate 0