View Single Post
      01-09-2014, 06:55 AM   #152
CSBM5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Comp, 2011 M3, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_01 View Post
That is pretty much what I am thinking. Its also seems a bit disrespectful to state that customers only buy cars for the status, implying they wouldn't be able to appreciate an authentic BMW driving experience. It comes across as a slightly confused marketing message when you use the slogan of "The Ultimate driving machine* ".
Exactly. All the claims that any argument to the contrary is pointless since Americans only buy BMWs for status PERFECTLY exemplifies my prior comments in this thread and why BMW has reached the peak of bureaucratic disease being driven by "modern MBA-think" crap that comes out of so-called "business schools" these days. All that equals further and continued erosion of many decades of customer goodwill. Time will reveal this hubris was not earned by the current generation of BMW market planning management but simply assumed by them as they eviscerate many decades of their predecessor's work.

So just remember everyone: BMWNA market planning are heroic god-like figures who never make a mistake because they know that "status" is the only thing that matters to Americans anymore. This is why they pawn off crap like "electronic LSD" based on braking opposite side bs since those seeking this vaunted "status" won't care, won't know, etc. The motto is now apparently "milk the market of status-seeking numnuts as hard and as long as possible" before it falls apart.

They "know as fact" that an M135i ZHP would never sell here, which of course is total bs just like they "knew as fact" that there was no business case in North America for the E36 M3 and it took a massive letter writing campaign from the BMWCCA to rectify their stupidity.

The door has never been left open wider for the competition. The more denials from the insiders that this is true, the stronger that case is made. Audi and Mercedes have that opportunity to bust the door frame all apart not to mention some other makers. I actually wish I was at the helm of Audi NA at the moment since we'd make some moves that would seriously exploit this situation...
2007 E91 328i Silver, slushbox, Eibach fr/E93 M3 rear sway bars, ARC-8
Appreciate 0