View Single Post
      01-10-2014, 10:33 AM   #153
w3rkn
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 135is

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSBM5 View Post
Exactly. All the claims that any argument to the contrary is pointless since Americans only buy BMWs for status PERFECTLY exemplifies my prior comments in this thread and why BMW has reached the peak of bureaucratic disease being driven by "modern MBA-think" crap that comes out of so-called "business schools" these days. All that equals further and continued erosion of many decades of customer goodwill. Time will reveal this hubris was not earned by the current generation of BMW market planning management but simply assumed by them as they eviscerate many decades of their predecessor's work.

So just remember everyone: BMWNA market planning are heroic god-like figures who never make a mistake because they know that "status" is the only thing that matters to Americans anymore. This is why they pawn off crap like "electronic LSD" based on braking opposite side bs since those seeking this vaunted "status" won't care, won't know, etc. The motto is now apparently "milk the market of status-seeking numnuts as hard and as long as possible" before it falls apart.

They "know as fact" that an M135i ZHP would never sell here, which of course is total bs just like they "knew as fact" that there was no business case in North America for the E36 M3 and it took a massive letter writing campaign from the BMWCCA to rectify their stupidity.

The door has never been left open wider for the competition. The more denials from the insiders that this is true, the stronger that case is made. Audi and Mercedes have that opportunity to bust the door frame all apart not to mention some other makers. I actually wish I was at the helm of Audi NA at the moment since we'd make some moves that would seriously exploit this situation...

This is a great post and directly mirrors nearly the exact same conversation I had on New Years Eve.
(SCOTT should print his post out, & pass it around the office)

I think 2015 is going to be a really confusing year for BMW. Possibly an ousted exec. They have no clue what BMW's image stood for, and are going after mad profits, on the laurels of BMW's heritage & previous offerings.

Problem is, BMW's cars are all full of fluff & numbers now, zero substance.

BMW is making Asian BMW's for America.
We just want the cars you offer in your own country, nothing more. It's called respect and SCOTT you've lost a lot of respect with the BMW core, because of your flippant views of what constitutes American driver & a BMW enthusiast. Again, if BMW wants to make cars just good enough, to sell the BMW badge.. then there is zero reason to buy a BMW car.

BMW cars use to be the Ultimate Driving Machine, now they are just average cars w/BMW badge. But that is ok, because Your revenues are still ranked in the world? Honestly SCOTT, nobody cares about BMW themselves, or how well they are doing financially. People ONLY care about the actual cars BMW produces. We are not the Quandt Family... we don't care about BMW's bottom line, only that we once loved BMWs and wondering where our relationship has gone. Why have you sold us off..?

Scott:
Does the world really need to wait to 2016, before BMW can breathe and say: Behold.. a true BMW... witness the M2 ..?

Because as it stand, the ONLY quintessential BMW on the roads today, are the E46 M3 and the 1M. That doesn't leave much room for gloating or lipservice on BMW's part... Or, You guys still wondering, if a 183", $60,000 M4 is the answer..?

I know Mercedes Benz & Audi are listening, cuz I am now looking at their brands. Very easy to do when BMW copied them.
Appreciate 0