View Single Post
      05-30-2007, 12:57 PM   #38
STE92VE
STEVIL Empire
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Thanks Moderator for your quick response. I would like to clarify a few of your points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
If you really value this community, instead of attacking the people who work hard to keep this place running, try to contribute, I haven't seen many/any posts reported by the people who are posting in this thread.
I don't know how extensively you've done your homework, but I have on several occasions reported posts that I feel were derogatory or offensive. I even heaped praise on Mark when he posted the notice on Forum guidelines and suggested they need to be read and signed off on before posting privileges were granted. Additionally, I was not attacking the people who work hard to keep this place running, I was just questioning a recent set of events that troubled me.
Quote:
Because you are new to this community, i'll let you know something. This site has been moderated since its inception. If we let go of this site (or any sites for that matter) for a week, the malicious posters get out of hand. Jason and Mark have been working nonstop to moderate the forums and keep it as a clean and informative site, I too help out when I can. When you joined the site and thought of it as a nice place, this is why.
I don't think with over 3000 posts and a year on the Forum you can consider me a noob. I do agree that it was a different environment a year ago and recently it has taken a turn for the worse. Most of the trouble comes from those uninformed, financially privileged, immature, socially inept individuals whose parents never instructed them how to properly act in public and some of us have taken them under our wing to set them straight. Maybe those with few posts who incite antagonistic behavior should be banned from the forum.
Quote:
I can tell you personally, I have a strict set of guidelines I go by, and if you make any personal attacks on someone then you will get your post removed and/or a user infraction.
I appreciate your efforts and would hope you share with us what your set of guidelines consist of. They should be in step with these:http://www.e90post.com/forums/announcement.php?f=2&a=2 but if there are other guidelines that you adhere to, we would like to know.

Perhaps before you delete a post that you find objectionable, but not a blatant infraction, you could get a sense of who the poster is and what he has contributed to the community. You certainly don't want to shoot one of the deputies just because you saw him aiming a gun at someone else. A shoot first, talk later approach is never advisable in a civil society.

For what are we? Barbarians?
Appreciate 0