View Single Post
      11-03-2011, 04:02 PM   #27
daixloxbmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Corvette Grand Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsent View Post
Had an 02 330i sedan 5 MT. Lots of niggling problems. Window regulators, front suspension parts, water pump, rear shock mounts, differential whine etc. Other than HPFP issues, my 335 has been much more reliable so far, and a lot more fun to drive.
I had a 2001 330i with ZPP, ZSP, Steptronic, M-Sport body kit and a few other options. I traded it in with about 60k miles and have had issues with every one of those parts you mentioned. Had 6 window regulators replaced (cheap plastic gears), 2 bent control arms along with corroded bushings replaced (small price to pay for lightweight aluminum suspension bits), cracked expansion tank (part coolant system), moonroof regulator and even a side mirror motor.

All that said, I still loved that car. It was relatively small and lightweight, very tossable in corners, decent power for its time, very communicative steering and awesome brakes. With the M-Sport body kit, it looked very sporty.

What I really miss about that E46 is the driver oriented dash and the center mounted window switches. When I got my 2008 E92 335i, I really missed the compact size and light weight compared to my old 2001 E46 330i. Now I have a 2011 E82 135i so I have the best of both worlds!!! Now just bring back the driver oriented dash and center mounted window switches!!!
Appreciate 0