View Single Post
      04-19-2014, 01:58 PM   #62
LarThaL
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dparm View Post
I like their logic: "because we sell so many models and have such a complex system of optioning each car, we will hire people just to explain it to you."

I guess the easier notion of not selling a bunch of bullshit models didn't occur to anyone. X4? GranTurismos? X6? GranCoupes? Simplify, folks. For the record, I think the 6 GranCoupe should've just been the 5-series.
Couldn't agree more, although something must be driving this trend. BMW wouldn't be doing this if they didn't think it would be profitable. Fewer models and overall smaller cars please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IzzyGray View Post
Maybe I expect more out of a person but why isn't the salesperson filling this role? Before someone says "There's so many models and so much information", let's bear in mind that knowing the product they are selling is THEIR JOB. And let's be honest, it's not ALOT of information(definitely much less than most professions). It's not like they are expected to know the rod bearing clearances or the shearing nature of engine oil either.
Rest assured that this move on the part of BMW will assure that the sales idiot will be even more of an idiot now that someone is there who can answer all the real questions. On the other hand, I always found it amusing toying with the mind of someone that has the IQ of a walnut.