View Single Post
      05-01-2013, 06:34 PM   #62
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

I use to buy into all that crap. Eat 6 meals per day, dont eat carbs, brown rice instead of white, do lots of cardio etc. I have been fat most of my life so I have done all these ridiculous diets. Finally last year I had enough. So far since Oct of last year I've lost about 50lbs and for the past say 3 months or so I've basically maintained (wasnt following my diet as hardcore as I should) but I have started back up now.

I eat whatever I want whenever I want. As long as it's under 1600 calories. I do dumbells at home to maintain some of my muscle mass and if I feel like doing light cardio (walking around the community) I go for 20-40min. Sometimes I don't feel like it so I dont go.

The key IMO is to count your calories and consume less than you burn. Don't worry yourself with good carbs, bad carbs, low carb, low fat. Eat whatever you want, but count the calories. Of course once you do this you realize the reason why most people dont cut on mcdonalds is not because mcdonalds is bad. However it has a lot of calories and will not satisfy your appetite the same as something with a lot of protein. So I find myself eating a lot of chicken and fish not because it's "healthy" but because I get the most bang for my calories with it. Now don't get me wrong I have my pizza days or taco days or whatever and that day I simply cut my calories for the rest of my meals to meet my 1600 calorie requirement.

Now I'm not saying eat mcdonalds every day or any nonsense like that, but if you want to LOSE WEIGHT counting calories and no worrying about the other stuff is the only thing that has worked for me. If you are already thin and just want to eat healthier that's a different story.
Appreciate 0